5 Amazing Facts about Elephants’ Trunk
Elephant’s trunk serve many purposes.
- Unusually large muscle. There are about 8 major muscles on each side and about 150,000 muscle bundle into a trunk. The trunk is very strong even can push down the small size tree easily.
- A Boneless muscular structure. Elephant’s trunk is just link human tongue.
- Built-in Snorkel. The elephant’s trunk is very useful as they don’t need to blend down to water and easily reach out for leaves on high tree.
- Super hydro system. Elephant can suck up numerous amount of water and spray out from it’s trunk.
- Communicated tool. Trunk is not only for breathing, smelling and feeding (bring the food to the mouth). It’s also help communicating with other show caring, greeting etc.
Follow Us on IG --> https://www.instagram.com/krabi_elephant_house_sanctuary/